Last Monday - Memorial Day - started off with a wonderful lunch with my sister in laws. It was a beautiful day and it was the perfect time to get together. Marie came....and it was the first time in a loooong time that we got together for afternoon lunch. I don't remember what the burger I got was called but it had a fried egg on it. I had never tried anything like it before. It was good but I kinda scared to add ketchup because of the egg but once I did it was delicious. We sat there and talked, gossiped, and laughed in the warm summer breeze. I think we are going to try to get together maybe once a month or so....which I think we will all enjoy!
As the week rolled on I tried to do my best to start organizing certain areas of the house. When we moved in, we did it in a hurry. We had kids to get in school asap so we just got stuff in the general area. It was never a long term kind of set up. So I started with the frig...it really needed cleaning and organizing...it's the one spot that always needs more and more organization. It felt great to get it cleaned up stocked with a lot of healthy options. We don't eat perfect but I want it to be more healthy than not. Now if I could just give up the Mountain Dew! I don't know what it is about that yellow dye, high fructose syrup and caffine that has me so bad but I am working on it.
In the middle of the week there were errands and running the kids back and forth. They would love to keep me in the kitchen and car all the time if they had their way! I don't mind. I have missed out a lot with Brittany and I have been loving all the time together. She is smart, kind, loving and I am so proud of her. The girls really are so much fun to hang out with. I think I have just been surrounded by boys only for too long. Boys who love xbox, football, hunting...all the things I don't really care for. Now it's more balanced out. :) I hung out with Jackson a few times and he is doing great at his dads. He does have more responsibility but it's good that I am not there to baby him as much. It's hard letting go but I am also proud of him. He was so excited last night because he starts soccer on Wednesday. Zane is doing great. He starts football in a few weeks. I know nothing about either soccer or football but I guess I am going to learn about both this year. :) With Brittany's cheer, and the boys both in sports it looks like its going to be busy for both Scott and I. I am so excited about all the kids this year. I have wanted them all to be active doing something that they love. It amazing watching them grow up.
Once Friday rolled around it was time to get ready for her Florida vacation. She went with Kenzie and Kenzie's grandmother but we had a lot to do to get ready. We grabbed a quick meal and then got shopping to get a few things Brittany needed for the trip. Kenzie went along too and got a cute new shirt. I hated her tagging along just watching. So she got a shirt and while Brittany was shopping we were in the massage chairs enjoying ourselves for a few minutes. It was a fun but tiring night. I didn't even make it home Friday until after 11pm. I collapsed in the bed only to have to get up and get her out of the house on time to catch their flight.
Sunday Scott and Zane took off to the golf course and spent hours there together. I am not sure how much Zane likes golf yet but I like that he is trying. I like that Scott and him are spending time together. And the fresh air does us all good! I decided that Sunday was the perfect day to totally reorganize the kitchen. It was a huge job and took me hours upon hours to get done but it was so worth it. Then I moved on to the laundry room and got that a little more organized as well. There is still more to do in that room but it's starting to feel truly like home. Now I finally have the kitchen organized to the way I want and hopefully cooking won't feel like such a chore. When I am going drawer to drawer, cabinet to cabinet in search of something it just makes it so much harder. So thankfully that is over! I actually have 2 boxes that I need to unpack this week that is kitchen stuff but once that job is over, the kitchen is done. :) I am going to go into the master bath next and organize and then the master bedroom closet. Little by little we will get this house set up the way we want. And with everything going on with the kids, I can't do it all at one time. Little by little. I am still enjoying the house as well as the neighborhood. I feel safe and comfortable here. All the kids love the house and I love that we don't deal with barking dogs or chickens crowing. Life is better here all the way around. I still have a bunch of stuff that I need to get done. Here's a little list of some of the task for this week. ↓
- Work on closet in living room
- Figure out small workout...starting off slow and easy. Last time I seriously hurt myself.
- Get Jackson's soccer schedule written out on calendar.
- Don't let stupid people or negative energy take up any time in my days.
- Lay out pork chops for dinner tonight.
- Clean back door in living room from doggie slobbers
- Plan something fun to do with Jackson on Thursday.
- Brush out and bathe Cooper....something I keep putting off.
- Figure out when to get all the kids physicals in the next couple of weeks.
- Continue to work on gallery wall in hallway. Another rather big job.
- Get blind fixed in the big room upstairs.
- Clean ceiling fan in bedroom.
- Also need to wash out window seals. Each one is super dirty..something I didn't notice right away.
- Paint nails
- Work on keeping up with video schedule.... which means I need to film a new video today!
- Really clean coffee pot with vinegar. It needs it.
- Menu plan for next week and try to meal prep as much as possible.
- Go through paperwork on desk.
- Donate to Emily Myers. If you don't about Emily and her beautiful family...you should. I might not be able to contribute a lot but I am choosing to financially help because I feel like it's the right thing to do. She has 5 babies all under 6 years old and her young husband is in the last weeks of his life. We lift them up in our prayers.
- Look for bed for upstairs bedroom. We plan on putting the living room furniture up there at some point but I would like to have a bed up there for Jackson or guests.
- Continue daily walks with cooper.
- Plan date night with Scott. We keep doing new random things and I am excited about our next night out together!
- Clean up DVR...it really needs it.
- Look for some flowers to plant in the back yard. Tomato plants too!
- Find food...soon! I'm starving!
- Go through pile of papers sitting on my desk needing my attention.
Here's some inspiration to take along with you today!