1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world...how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it's official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What's a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?
I love fall. I always have. However, I am still not use to the colder temperatures. We are welcoming the season with heat in the mornings, hot coffee, cozy sweaters and long beautiful hikes in the vivid forest. I love all kinds of different fall scents however cinnamon is normally a bit too strong for me. A couple of years ago I found this candle in Warm Cashmere Sweater and fell in love.
It's the perfect fall scent without being too overpowerful. And who doesn't love candles! I plan on buying a few more and letting the scent linger through the house.
2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?
All apple. I am not a huge pumpkin fan but my boyfriend is. So this year I suspect that we will be having both!
3. Do you suffer from what is sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it's here?
Absolutely. When I can I try to take a quick cat nap but most of the time coffee is helpful. And even during those sleepy moments, I just get moving....putting one foot in front of the other until I get my blood circulating and energy levels up.
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?
I don't trust a lot of women. However, the strong women in my life have really helped level me out and have taught me that I can trust and depend on them. We have amazing women in our family and each one of them have taught me so many life lessons. They have taught me to not take life so serious. That change does happen and instead of fighting it....embrace it and learn from it. I am always amazed at their suggestions, love and support.
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that's a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?
I use to be but not so much anymore. Really the only true person you can make happy is yourself.
6. The seasons are a-changin'...share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).
7. What do you wish would never change?
Its a little late for that question because so much has changed regardless of what I wanted. But life is all about changes. I am still figuring that out but even the hard changes happen for a reason. At this point my life is different...better and for me the one that I hope and pray never changes is the love from my kids. All else can change how it needs to change.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hello hodgepodgers. It's been a while since I have participated in this linkup. I have really missed you guys. And I have been through a lot of changes including a divorce and moving. Those are some pretty big changes. I tried to fight it at first but life has a way of giving you what you need rather you want it or not. And at this point, I am much happier. I am more independent and I am not as scared any longer. I am starting to blog and make videos again and find my own way in this big world. And I am not alone like I was scared I would be. I have amazing friends and family that have helped me every step of the way.
Today is going to be one of the hardest days ever. In a matter of hours we are laying my grandmother to rest. Another change for our family. A heartbreaking change to say the least. September has been hard but I am trusting God to get our family through it. I am trusting God to take care of a lady who meant so much to me and our family. She will be missed so much.
Thank you guys for stopping by. I really am trying to get back to normal on here. This is my home away from home and I have really missed being here....talking to you guys...sharing my thoughts. It's nice to be back. Have a wonderful Wednesday. ♥