Hello friends! I hope you are having a beautiful evening! I am back today sharing a recipe from the lovely Lindsay over at Pinch of Yum. In my search of quina family friendly dinners I found this recipe that quickly became a hit with my husband and kids. If you want to see how to make it, I show how easy it is to follow her recipe to make this casserole. Everything you need to know is in the video and her full recipe is below.
¼ cup cooked, crumbled bacon (optional... sort of)
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons seasoning (like Emeril's Essence or any basic blend you like)
¼ cup shredded Gruyere cheese (any kind will work)
3 cups fresh broccoli florets
Sauce: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and generously grease a 9x13 baking dish (seriously, be generous because it really really sticks to the sides). Bring the chicken broth and ½ cup milk to a low boil in a saucepan. Whisk the other ½ cup milk with the poultry seasoning and flour; add the mixture to the boiling liquid and whisk until a smooth creamy sauce forms.
Assembly: In a large bowl, mix the sauce from step one, one cup water, quinoa, and bacon and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and lay the chicken breasts strips over the top of the quinoa mixture. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Broccoli: While the casserole is in the oven, place the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute until it turns bright green and then run under cold water. Set aside.
Bake: Remove the casserole from the oven, check the mixture by stirring it around in the pan, and if needed, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes to get the right consistency. When the quinoa and chicken are cooked and the sauce is thickened, add the broccoli and a little bit of water (up to one cup) until the consistency is creamy and smooth and you can stir it up easily in the pan. Top with the cheese and bake for 5 minutes, or just long enough to melt the cheese.
You will know the quinoa is done when it is soft and looks as if it has popped open, with the germ of the kernel visible as a little spiral. I've gotten quite a few comments about the liquid not absorbing right away - if that's you, just bake it a little longer. With enough time, it should get that moisture soaked right up into a creamy sauce.
- Thank you so much Lindsay for giving my family a quinoa dinner that they would actually eat! I love your blog and all your delicious recipes. Thanks again for this delicious meal!
Happy Wednesday Friends! Time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce from over at From This Side of the Pond ....this is always such a fun linkup.. join in anytime! Hope you enjoy.
1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so? The back of our house is mostly windows so I get to see the leaves falling on a pretty regular basis. And I have been busy trying to give myself more time to enjoy the beauty of nature. I am a pretty lucky lady. I don't work outside the home so I can take little " mini vacations " or breaks whenever needed without leaving things undone to do so. Its important to get fresh air and enjoy nature. Every morning when I come down to the first floor, I normally always open the large sliding doors just to take in some fresh air and the beauty of the day. That even happens on cold days. The door might not stay open long but I always want to feel the sun on my face and enjoy the beautiful place I live in.
2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'? That's an easy one... picking up shoes around the house. It seems like no one around here...myself included, can pick up their shoes. I even have a big shoe basket by the front door that always seems full but then I look around and there are 6 more pair of shoes laying around the house. It drives me crazy! And a lot of them happen to be different Nikes that I love and wear a lot. It's not just the boys! 3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?' Hahahahahahaa! Great question. Normally I am not so good at it. I really feel an eye for an eye works best for me but as I am growing up, I realize that getting even doesn't really make me feel better. Sometimes it might temporarily feel that way, but in the end I always end up feeling bad. So now I am trying to turn the other cheek more but I can't promise that it will happen every time. I am still trying to learn that I can only control myself...no one else. They can act like assholes all day long but I can and should choose to act better. 4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it? OMG.. you are totally hitting it with the questions this week. On Monday I noticed that my plain gold wedding band was gone. I turned over my house, car, and even a rather large bag of garbage looking for it but still no band. I have stopped the manic search and hoping it will just turn up when I am least expecting it. I am pretty upset by it because its been on my hand since we said I do but atleast I still got the rest of the set. And maybe it's time for a prettier new one. Please wish me luck on finding it.
5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment? Really both. Its like a dance in our home. Scott gives in his own ways, and I take. I give in my own ways, and he takes. Its a dance back and forth in a sense. And lets face it... the kids always take! :)
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me. It would have to be green. I do love my strawberry's, apples, red grapes, and raspberries but over all... I would have to pick green.
I just crave green food more so that would have to be my pick!
Its always such a cute weekend movie no matter how many times I have seen it. And they always always play it in October. It also has my dream house in the movie. I just wish I could pack up my laptop and family...and move right in! 8. Insert your own random thought here. Its been a better week for me. I have been slowly catching up and making progress around the house. I also gave the blog a little face life that I hope you guys like! I just wanted something a little brighter. Soon I will be hosting a giveaway for a premade template from Sweet Baby's Designs. So you fellow bloggers will have to come back and get entered! Tomorrow is my son's 12th birthday and he does not want a party and really prefers money to gifts. Yep.. he's growing up and not wanting to be treated like a baby anymore. However, he's been kinda sheltered so I would like to see him mature more. So its sweet and sour. ♥ Gosh.. time is flying! I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed Wednesday. See ya next week! :)
Hello friends! I hope your evening is going well. I am back tonight to show you what has been making my life much easier when it comes to packing lunches. As I have said many times its been a journey getting back into the new 2014-2015 school year. And yes, we are well into and I am just starting to feel like I am catching up! If you want to check out lunchbox packing station and some tips I have learned along the way...have look a at the video. More pictures and information below!
I decided to use my large cabinet that I use to store stemware and jars to convert into our lunch pack station. It worked out really well because with the exception of a few wine glasses, the top of the cabinets are not being utilized.
On the top shelf of the cabinet, I keep a small cooler, some extra lunch bags and even some of our on the go cups and thermos containers in case we want to pack a hot lunch.Everything fits nicely in that area and its easy accessible to anyone. Even little Jackson can hop on the counter and get something if he needs it.
On the middle shelf I have everything you would need to package any lunch item. That includes a lot of the Rubber Maid Lunch Blox items, baggies of all sizes, other rubbermaid containers that I found for cheap at the Dollar Tree. I also keep extra forks and such that come with take out that can also be used in any packed lunch. You can find what ever kind of food storage container that you would want for any lunch on this shelf.
On the bottom shelf I have a couple of containers that hold snacks that I like to have just to quickly be able to toss little extras into the lunch box. Just quick little items that are premade. Some of the quicker items I have packaged myself. A good tip to building up a good lunch supply is to take a few helpings out out each bag of the family chips and snacks. I just zip lock them up and they stay fresh while allowing me to build up lunch items easily. If I was just to leave the lunch items in the pantry the boys would just eat it up super fast. If its in this cabinet they know they are not to touch it at all unless they are packing a lunch. Simple as that.
I hope this video inspires you to make a little lunch packing station with the items you use the most. It really does make packing lunches either the night before or the busy morning of much easier. I would love to hear any of your lunch box essential tips if you care to share!
Happy Tuesday friends. I thought I would just do a quick check in today because I miss writing. I make a lot of videos now but often times, I don't get to just sit down and write. And writing is my first passion. So I thought today I would share some of the thoughts bouncing around in my head. Have run reading!
* The first time I was woken up this morning was about 745 am. I guess the boys had left and Romeo didn't like the idea of being in the house alone. So his big ass went up to flights of stairs and sat at the only door closed and meowed over and over and over and over and over. Seriously...he didn't stop until I got up and opened the door. And then he just wanted to play and I just wanted to sleep. If I moved around in any direction, he would totally attack my feet, arms, even hair. But how can I get mad at this boy? BTW...that was on of his fall pictures last year...he's never outside without extreme supervision. He means the world to our entire family but I didn't appreciate his harassment this morning. And to make it even better.....hes totally sound asleep right now.
* I finally did fall back to sleep even kitty bites on my toes and woke up so abruptly with the loud ass door bell. So I had another bunch of unexpected issues pop up. At that point, I gave up and never went back to bed. Gosh...guess God is trying to tell me to drag my butt out of the bed and enjoy the beautiful day.
* Yesterday I stopped my weekly cleaning on the 2nd floor. That means today I have to work on the first floor. Yippe.
* For some reason I have been making the coffee super strong, so Scott says. I was trying to stick to budget and bought Folgers this last time. I think its just a stronger coffee Gevalia. But he's right...its so strong it could probably walk itself right out the front door.
* My sons math homework has finally reached the point where I can no longer help him. I have never been good with numbers but his 6th math homework drives me crazy. Thank God for Scott being able to help with that subject otherwise we'd be in trouble.
* My sister in law Trina has her daughter in the hospital sick and taking care of her 3 month old baby boy. They kept her daughter overnight and it is sure worrying me.
* Oscar Pistorius was convicted today and is to serve 5 years for shooting his girlfriend. I actually agree with that sentence...Here's what I think happened. It was reported that he was texting his ex girlfriend that night. New girl friend realizes it...flips out...goes and locks herself in the bathroom and he tries to get in to talk to her and can't. So he grabs his gun to try to shoot the door open. I don't think he meant to kill her but it happened. Its sad all the way around. See...that's how fast a fight can turn deadly.
* I am thinking about switching over to wordpress. Still not sure though. Decisions Decisions. For the most part Google has been really good to me so idk. Maybe I should stay right here. Do you have any thoughts on the subject ?
* I realized a little while ago that the clothes I laid out for Jackson to wear today were in my room...I simply forgot to put them out. No telling what he is wearing today.
* The clock is ticking today and so far, I have made a few phone calls, replied to some emails and refilled my coffee. Yea.. its a good thing husby works late. We still have at least 6.5 hours before he gets home. I'm just thankful that they are selling more cars at this dealership even though I love Volkswagen. And FYI....there is no way in hell I am coming out of my bug and going into a Dodge. Yep.. not happening! I do miss him though. Its really long days and he comes home exhausted.
* I think I am going to try to have some professional stickers made for my Erin Condren planner. A few shops on Etsy that I am hoping can help design them for me!
* I have totally been loving Madam Secretary. It comes out I have been loving Téa Leoni in a serious part..It comes on Sunday's at 8:30 on CBS. Check it out! * I have got a ton of paperwork and bills to go through. A job I am seriously dreading. Did you see all the mail I showed you in my most recent vlog? Ha....time to break out the shredder and get busy.
* I was asked to be interviewed by a student at New York University about my haul videos via skype. How fun is that!? I think we are doing it tomorrow.....so maybe I can record it and show you guys.
* I haven't been feeling that good here lately. Sneezing, throat and earache but no fever. I guess its just the change of the weather but it sucks.
* I really need to get busy getting my makeup brushes cleaned TODAY. Yea.. that is totally happening today.
* Erin Condren blew out my facebook fan page. They posted this video on their facebook fan page and now I have a bunch of new friends! How amazing is that. If you are new here....welcome! I hope you stay around for a while and get to know us.
* I hate not being able to find freebies. I have been searching high and low but its been slim pickings. I do have a new free magazine deal that I will get posted in just a bit. Hopefully they pick back up in the winter. Don't ask me why...but they always slow down in the summer months.
* I have someone who harrasses me, steals my pictures and content and have already stolen my header and a few other things to promote their hate Kisha blog. It's ridiculous and I am trying to just roll with it but I wish I could throw their ass in jail. But positive thoughts...There is no such thing as bad publicity is what I keep telling myself but to be completely honest, its total bullshit. I know they are broken and I am trying to forgive but they are sure making it harder.
* I think I am going to see if I can get any of the cats to walk on the treadmill! Yep. Lets see if I can make it happen. Training the dog was easy.....which I plan on filming a video showing you how to do it, but I want to see how the cats will handle it. Should be interesting. :)
* You guys are so awesome. I love that you use the form on my contact me page to send me emails. Know that I read them pretty much the second they come in unless I am driving. I try to respond back on the weekend so don't think I have forgot about you. You guys inspire and life me up so much.
* I am seriously loving my nails right now. They are long, strong, and natural! I do have a acrylic overlay over my natural nails too keep them from breaking but I am totally happy with how they are growing. I found a great lady who does such a good job on my nails. I sometimes paint them myself but I am not so good at it but I like a more natural nail. I would feel like a freak with bright colors on my nails being they are long unless its neutral and natural looking. I don't like to stand out because of my nails. So right now... I am super happy with how they are growing and staying strong.
* I have a fresh flower review coming up. I am excited to share with you some beautiful flowers that you can get a discount with if you want to order some for yourself or someone else. I love fresh flowers in the house.
* I am getting super tired of all the political commercials. I wish they would at least label each political ad with the party they stand with. Yea.. I want to know. I would sooner put my dog in the white house before I put some old timer Republican in. It's just how I feel. I am really really really hoping Hillary Clinton is our next President.
* Jackson has been having a few issues on the school bus. I called the school Monday and they said they would look into it. But suggested I pick him up if he was being picked on. WTF? Yea.. not So far they have done nothing. I'm afraid between ex husband and Scott one of them are going to get on that bus and end up on CNN. My ex husband said send him to school with pepper spray and if he needs it, he has it. Ugh...I'm pretty sure Jackson would be tossed out of school for the year if he did that. It's hard when schools just fall short on helping their students. They did send a really sweet card home the other day but I think the bus issue needs to be addressed to. Call me crazy, but I think they should deal with the bullies and not make me come pick up my son. That just sounds lazy to me. Hopefully today will be better for him.
* Thank goodness what I need to do today is quick because I am kinda running behind. But I'll be caught up before Scott walks in the door. I also have another blog post and video that should be up later this evening. Stay tuned.
I hope you have a great day.. time to get busy. ♥ Feel free to let me know how your day is going....I would love to know!
Hello friends! I hope you are having a wonderful Monday. As many of you know...I post a week in review recapping what happened over the week & weekend. Its something that I have been doing off and on for years. Its just a simple way to give you guys a glimpse into our weekend. I also vlogged a little each day which you can see in the video below. I have been trying to move all my video's to my main channel including the vlogs but for right now I am uploading them to both channels. I think that is the best way to do it right now but eventually they will probably all move to my housewife life main youtube channel. I hope you don't mind but I have been trying to figure out a way to make everyone happy. I don't expect you to watch them twice but now you will be able to find my vlogs on both channels. ↓Here it is↓ Hope you enjoy! More pictures and info below!
This Past Week:
Hello friends. I hope you are having a great Monday. I got a little later of a start again today but I am not worried about it. I figure the house isn't in a hurry for me to clean it up so I will work on that later this afternoon and evening. Scott doesn't even get home most nights until after 8pm so that does give me extra time to get things done. So the weather here today is pretty. Over the past few days we have had rain, thunderstorms, and even tornado sirens going on and off from time to time. Leaves have been falling off the trees a little faster than what I want. I love fall but I know in a matter of weeks, I am going to be freezing! I hope wherever you are, you are enjoying all the fall beauty. Even you floridians! Scott enjoyed his time at home Sunday. It was his first day off since starting his new job. I wasn't crazy about the dealership where he ended up. I am a Volkswagen fan through and through so I wanted him to stay there!! I am also a Nissan fan but he is at neither of those stores. I don't tell where yet, but its a big store and its selling a ton more cars than the Volkswagen store. So maybe it was the right move. However, he is coming home exhausted after working such long hard hours. And more cars mean more money so I am just doing my best to keep my big mouth shut! And over all he does seem happier. So that matters more than anything.
As the week went through, I stayed busy trying to use my planner and new schedule to get back on track and get more things accomplished. Its been hard... I am still not fully into the new school year but each day I am getting things cleaned up and organized. Plus I have been giving myself more time to get my mind cleared and centered. I talk a little more about it in my Sunday Inspiration post. Its a process. I can't just let myself lay around depressed and or angry and have a happy life. So staying busy has been a big key to losing all those negative thoughts. And when they do pop up, I am trying harder to control them by bringing myself back to a happy thought or memory. It might silly but it has helped. I am just my best to stay present and take each day at it comes without worry or hesitation.
By time the weekend came and I thought Jackson and I could use the time to check the PO Box and do some shopping. He is almost 12 and doesn't always want to go run errands and go shopping with mom. But I got him out of the house and we had a really nice time out. If you want to check that food haul out click right here.
We spent the rest of the weekend at home enjoying time with the animals.. Cooper is really starting to workout more and lose a little weight. We'll find out at his next Vet appointment. A s you can see in the picture Willow was just wanting my attention. She moved all around while I was filming part of the vlog and just wanted to be noticed. I thought it was super cute! We finished Saturday night off with chocolate chip pancakes which totally hit the spot. We don't get up most mornings and have a big breakfast so we try to have it for dinner every couple of weeks. Its totally one of Jackson's favorite meals.
Also over the weekend, I got a blog facelift. I seriously drove this woman crazy but she was nothing but sweet to me. I am so thankful for all her help. We did go back to my wide white background but that is the only way I can have larger pictures and videos. Plus the blue strip I loved that was the background made a few family members complain it hurt their eyes. So taking that into account, we just used some of her accents on this blog. It was a lot of work for her because I kept making changes as I went. But I totally love her work and appreciate all her help. And I hope you like you the new look! I just wanted more color...and I guess a header is about the only way I am going to get it!
Last night I was in the shower and bed pretty early but not without a yummmmmy cup of eggnog. Even if you are someone who has never had and think its awful.....try it again. It is like heaven on my tongue. I love it. And you can only really get it in these cooler months so put it on the grocery list and enjoy it while you can! The Southern Comfort is amazing. There is no alcohol unless you put some in. So its great for the kids too!
It was overall a very nice weekend. I enjoyed having us all here together at the same time yesterday. Scott really does work a lot and is not home that much. I wish the 2 weeks he was home before he took this job we could have enjoyed it more instead I worried the entire time. And now I miss him. What gives? I was just happy we all had a great Sunday together. Oh we also checked out another house in the same area here but without a peeping tom. So yea.. we just might be moving next months but we would still be in the same neighborhood.
Go through bags of mail that came from the post office...Sigh.
Finish the last couple of loads of laundry today.
Update chalkboard walls.
Get busy on the weekly cleaning and try to get it done in 1.5 hours not 2 hours. Wish me luck!
Quick clean up of the frig.
Give Scott a really nice back rub to say I love you.
Finish planning the week out... including videos and blog posts.
Scoop cat boxes. YUCK!
Food prep some meals for the week.
Freshen up fresh flower water.
Call Jackson's School.
Pick a day to catch up with old friends who left Voicemails that I never returned....sorry.
Quick wipe down of leather furniture that I didn't get done last week.
Trim back herbs and dry basil.
Dust ceiling fans off... a job I truly hate.
Remove ashes from the fire place and get it ready for the next cold night.
Make time to call and check in on my mom.
Wipe down inside of the car....its looks messy!
Continue to mediate in the mornings and find peace first thing to carry through the day with me.
Whiten teeth.....which I seriously hate.
Clean out the pictures on my phone....to make it run faster.
Go pumpkin picking and having a family carving night.
Check emails and respond to comments.
Here's some information to take along the week with you!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed week. I would love to hear how last week went for you if you care to share!
Hello friends! I hope you are having a wonderful evening. I am back a little later with my Sunday Inspiration post along with a couple of updates! So as you can see, the blog has went through some changes today. I have been working hard with another web designer to get this happy place of mine just a little bolder and a little brighter! I really hope you guys like it. Everything is still pretty much in the same area so you should be able to easily navigate through the blog with ease. I still have a few things I would like to finish but I plan on doing a full review of the web designer and show you her work in full and even do a giveaway for a premade template. Yep! So stay tuned for that to come in the days or weeks ahead. I am totally excited to share the love with one of my fellow bloggers! If you run into any issues feel free to let me know because it takes a couple days sometimes to get out the kinks. So its not just Sundays when I am spiritual per say. But I do tend to put up more of a spiritual kind of post on Sundays. Tonight I will share with you that my journey to get myself, my family, my life back on track. For the past few weeks, I have made myself get out of the depressed worried anxious mood I tend to stay in with a new schedule. I speak about it here but it has helped me so much. Not just with the housework, blogging and youtubing schedules. But with making myself follow a new routine in the morning. I normally don't take a shower in the am because I always take a long bath before bed. But the shower is kinda refreshing and gives me a few minutes of solitude to get some positive thoughts running through my head first thing, Straight out of the bed and into the shower. Normally it would be right to the coffee pot! Then I come out and have some time reading my prayer book and mediating simply sitting in a quiet area alone with my thoughts....eyes closed...taking in the natural noises and let every negative thought that some how enters, pass through and go back to a positive thought. I am now thinking about my thoughts... what they are telling me and what I am telling myself. I keep bringing it back to positive. So this little routine takes roughly 30 - 35 minutes and has been giving me the the extra boost I have needed to start my day in a more positive way. Winter is right around the corner. And if you haven't checked out my winter time blues video....it might be helpful if you have been off schedule too.
But now back to my mornings....everything went well the past week with this new routine but I must say...weekends are harder. The boys are home and noisey...I was out of bed without a shower this morning because I was needed in a hurry. And to be honest, mediation didn't happen either. I did make the time to read my morning prayer book, watch Joel Osteen with Scott but its crazy different with my family in the house. It's ok though. I still filled my head with tons of positive thoughts. And its still been a little stressful. I have been working hard with another very sweet kind lady who I have harassed like a crazy person. I still have some items that I would love her help on. I feel like I am very comfortable with webdesign but she is better and knows more. So I was totally stressed out. I know she probably was too. So it was a teaching day. Actually last night my friend was on the phone with me when the changes started happening and told me to calm down and breath. She feels sorry for the lady working for me since I am such a control freak. But I really am impressed by Leslie. She has been such a sweet heart making stressful change less stressful even with all my 71 emails. Bet she wasn't expecting that! :)
I am really trying to see and think about things differently. Thoughts are just an extension of me.. they are not me and they don't always mean something. Let them flow in and try to just live in the moment. Today that meant spending time with my family and not getting half the stuff I wanted to get done. But that's ok. Their company is more important than my schedule. We even went and looked at another house that might be free of a peeping tom. Ha! I'm not even joking. I don't know if we will really be moving but the idea sure sounds nice right now. Expensive but nice. Our oldest daughter Laura has been trying to work out a plan where Scott, myself Jackson, herself , husband and their 3 children move to Florida. All of us in one large house until the kids could get into another. The boys totally squashed our dreams but I think the timing is off. And I also think Scott and I should get down their first and get settled in before the kids come. Laura's not giving up though! :) And I am not so sure old Scott is ready to live with 3 kids all under 3 years old. Plus all of ours in the summer. Yea...we might have to find separate places to start off with. But close enough we can help with the baby's. And I know she needs the help! So I hope you go into this new week with as many good and positive thoughts as possible. Try to fall a sleep tonight thinking something nice and positive. Wake up and force yourself to do the same. I am ready to control my mind more than letting it control me. So keep thinking positive thoughts no matter how hard things are. See ya tomorrow with my week in review.
We are currently in a big change around here... I know the pictures are extra large and things don't look exactly right but hang in there...we will have everything back to normal and better than ever asap!
If you want to find me buzzing around online, here's where to go! :)
Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a beautiful evening. I am wore out. Jackson and I headed out today to get a few things we needed to finish up October is. Can you believe we are moving through the month so fast!? It's insane. Anyway.. it was a long afternoon and I am back sharing the rest of the meals we will be having for October along with the items we needed. I did a quick stop by the Dollar Tree as well.... so that is included too! Hope you enjoy.
Thanks so much for watching. I hope you are staying warm on this cool weekend. I am dealing with feeling a little under the weather with a earache and sore throat. I think the cooler weather is going to kick my butt this year.... still need that flu shot!
Hello friends. I hope you are having a great afternoon. Jackson and I both slept in until about 10:30. It felt amazing for both of us. My little Jackson is normally out of the bed at 6am so I know today staying cuddled up in the bed felt amazing to him too. I was feeling so bad last night that I was asleep pretty early but I guess it was worth it because I woke up feeling better.
As I sit here and write this post, the wind is kicking and leaves are just falling and floating through the air. Thankfully my little song birds outside are still chirping up a storm. I am sure going to miss them once winter really sets in. And speaking of winter......I saw on the news the other day that the polar vortex is going to be stronger and colder this year. I knew it!!! I could tell by the short spring and summer that winter was going to freeze us out again. Not good. But today the leaves look beautiful falling off the trees flying all around. Even the neighbors outside cat is out there chasing the leaves that are floating....its precious!
Today isn't going to be too busy... here's my quick to do list.
Finish menu planning for the week and getting lists together.
Run to the PO Box, Grocery Store and Dollar Tree to get weekly supplies
Record hauls, put away food and start weekly food prep
Bring in more firewood for cooler nights.
Work in bedroom closet and spare bedroom this weekend.
Go through paperwork, mail, and bills in the evenings to try to get caught up.
Enjoy the aroma of the pumpkin fall candles flowing through the house.
I am so happy that even with the wind blowing, leaves floating, the sun is shining and warm. Its beautiful. I am thinking of buying a new rake today so the boys can rake up the leaves, but I doubt either of them will really want to do that. I personally would probably just leave them on the ground to turn into compost but Scott always rakes them up anyway. Plus it makes for great fall pictures! :)
Also in the coming days, there are going to be some major changes to this blog. I have been working/harassing another fellow blogger who does web design. She will be making the changes for me and I am totally excited. I am hoping she is finished by Monday but I gave her a lot of work to do so we'll see! I love the clean white layout to this blog right now but I wanted a change. I wanted color...brightness, and found someone who worked hard with me through numerous emails to figure out what I wanted. And I still don't think we are done. But if you see some changes happening over the weekend, don't be surprised. I will go more into the new design and layout and maybe even do a giveaway for another blogger who might want to give their blog a facelift!
Right now we do have a giveaway going on for the plated box. It was totally awesome to get all the ingredients in the mail for such yummy tasty dinners. If you haven't entered you can click right here and check it out....along with getting entered.
I hope you guys have a beautiful and blessed day. I will be back this evening with my weekly food shopping and household shopping hauls. Come back and check them out! < br/ > < br/ >.