Lots of things have been going on around here. As I mentioned, I have been busy as Santa's Elf's getting things ready for Christmas. I have been busy getting all the cookies baked, homemade gifts put together..all while trying to keep the house up and lets not forget about the vlogging. :) So its been busy. This year we are employing our beloved housesitter an heading up north to be with most of the kids.
Speaking of the kids, we have been having some serious problems with one of our boys. Scott's son Zane is having a lot of problems in his moms family right now. It has taken a huge toll on our family over this holiday season. You can watch the vlog for the details but my husbands younger son from a previous marriage has been taken away from his mom and now in the foster care system. Its been hard because they never contacted us and we are going to have a lot to do to try to get him out. And it's not going to happen fast. So, we have had a lot on our mind. But we are trying to figure out how to get him here and are still trying to stay in the Christmas spirit for the other kids. I have never realized how important it is to " fake it until you make it " until I had kids. They all know about what has happened with Zane and very sad for him but they are still kids who are looking forward to Christmas. So with heavy hearts we are still trying to stay in the Christmas spirit for them. Plus we have a new grandson that we are really happy about too. I don't think I have ever been so heartbroken and happy at the same time. And I know my husband feels the exact same way. But Zane and his well being has been at the front of our brains since last Tuesday when we found out what happened. We also have a new trip to take for a court hearing in January which has been added to the calendar. Still we have so much to do before he is allowed to come here, that it will probably be February before we know if he will be allowed to move here.
We could really use your prayers for Zane right now. It breaks our hearts that he is spending Christmas with a houseful of strangers. We can't do anything anything about it right now which is even more sad. I understand they have to check us out first so they know he will be safe but I wish we could make it happen much faster.
Yesterday I was back at it like Santa's busiest elf that started out with baking tons of cookies, making 2 different kinds of fudge. I am giving out cookies to a lot of people but I am also giving out all that jelly I made this past summer. I got all the spoons attached and got the jars all decorated to give out and I love how they look! :) I think they will make great little gifts to so many. Anyone can make the jelly....I showed you how to do it right here in full. Next summer, go pick a lot of fresh delicious berries and make some jelly! I tucked it away in the pantry for this holiday season and now its finally time to give them out. But I saved a few for us too! Also yesterday, I got busy wrapping gifts. I had a TON shipped up north to my ex husbands. I figured it would be easier to send stuff up there... pick it up and wrap it instead of having to pack the car with all those gifts. Its going to be full enough with the gifts we are taking plus everything else.
Some of my to do's for the the days ahead.
- Finish baking chocolate crinkle cookies today.
- Have Jackson help me clean up the 3 bathrooms....he's playing hookie today. ;) It was just a half day and he hasn't missed any school, so why not!?
- Do another Dollar Tree run for bags and wrapping supplies.
- Get laundry caught up so I can start packing on Monday.
- Get food for Super Cooper and the cats.
- Write out notes with numbers on the chalkboard wall for the housesitter.
- Groom Romeo since he is going with us.
- Confirm catered Christmas dinner.
- Confirm hotel.
- Get car cleaned out. It's crazy how messy my little bug is right now. I seriously hate doing anything out in the cold. It's pretty typical of me to not clean my car during the winters. Instead I send it in with my husband. However, I have to get all my stuff done first!
- Get nails done before leaving. I have been really letting them grow out but it's about time.
- Bath Romeo before leaving.
- Write out a couple of holiday cards each evening. Thank you guys so much for all the cards. The Christmas card exchange is one of my favorite parts of the year!
- Try to eat the leftovers. It saves us money and cleans out the frig at the same time.
- Do more teeth whitening before all the holiday pictures. I seriously hate it....it always hurts my teeth.
- Pick up still needed items for our new grandson.
- Make more time for blogging. I miss it. I need it.. and I am sorry I have gotten so far behind. I doubt it will be back to normal until after the new year but I am going to try harder to post more. I can't remember a time when I have been so absent. But I am super busy.
- Start putting items for car in dining room for the trip.
- Call phone company about getting old records.
- Cut up the fudge and get it in the containers.
- Have Jackson help with the dishwasher in a few minutes. Not sure if he will like staying home today or not. But he can help out some!
- Find Scott one last Christmas gift.
- Upload photos from phone and delete them to make more room.
- Go check the post office box.
- Switch purses. I always like a large purse when traveling because I am taking more with me.
- Find Super Cooper a new bed. I wish I would have gotten one over Black Friday but he is acting like his joints are hurting him. Golden Retrievers are known for their hip problems so it's time to get a big fluffy new bed.
Thank you guys for all your love and support. I know things are busy but I have been keeping up with you guys through the vlogs on youtube. If you are not already subscribed, you might want to so you can be notified of new videos. I run behind sometimes posting them on here up they have been going up daily since Thanksgiving. :) Your support has fueled me to go on and continue. It's not always easy sharing our lives. People are not always so nice but I don't make the videos for them. I make them for you. ♥ I'll be working hard to keep up with the blog while we go into the busiest time of the year but please be patient. I don't know if the travel vlogs will go up the next day or not. It really depends on the time I have to edit and the hotel internet. So we'll see but if they don't go up while we are there, I will be sharing them when I get back. Have a beautiful and blessed day.